Wednesday, 1 July 2015

End Of Month View - June

This is another quick post, as I'm still rushed off my feet with other things, my internet connection is playing up, and the hot weather has fried my brain.



There's also not a lot to show you as the garden hasn't changed much since the end of May. The greyish blur at the top of the above photo of the front garden ...



... is a lovely self-seeded silver Eryngium. I think I'll be digging this up to keep. The bees like it too!



The back corner bed also hasn't changed much - we still haven't managed to find someone to fix the fence - but you may notice that something has gone missing since I took the May photos (one of which is inset in the June one below).



Yes, we decided in the end to remove the wigwam so that I could plant the beans elsewhere. I'll show you where at a later date.

Finally, the orange lily which I used for my blog header is flowering again at one side of the corner bed - I was hoping it had survived the gardeners who dug out this bed last year, so I'm really pleased to find it did!



I do have a bit of a love-hate relationship with lilies, because they are so dangerous for cats (please click either link to find out more if you have cats and grow lilies), but as I don't have any cats myself I will be keeping these, making sure when I move them out of this bed that they are tucked up against a fence or wall and not somewhere visiting cats are likely to brush against them. I love orange and will be planting a lot more orange flowers as this garden hardly has any, so they are a welcome splash of colour for me.

The blue you can see in the photo behind them is a clump of Triteleia (I know, now called Brodiaea, but I just can't get on with new names for plants!), and I'm really pleased that this survived the gardeners' purge too.

For more end of month views, visit The Patient Gardener.

1 comment:

Gwenfar's Garden said...

What a stunning colour that lily is. I didn't know that about lillies and cats so that's good to know when we eventually get another cat. Thanks for that word of warning.

I too didn't get up to much in June, just wasn't up to it. But the plants still grow and give us pleasure :)