See Some Snowdrops
I haven't been able either to garden or to blog for a long time, for a mixture of family and health reasons. I haven't visited many gardens either, but in February last year, I went to Colesbourne Gardens near Cheltenham to look at the snowdrops. The gardens are well worth a visit if you are ever in the area, though they are very popular in the snowdrop season, so do be prepared for crowds.
A large part of the gardens are woodland, underplanted with vast swathes of snowdrops.

There's also a lake walk, though it is not very easily accessible for disabled people, with a steep slope at one end and difficult steps at the other. I did in the end manage to get down there, though, and it was worth the effort.

Near the house are some areas which have more colour, with patches of Crocus, Aconites, and Cyclamen among other early spring flowers.
But most of the gardens are given over to snowdrops.
No comments:
Post a Comment