Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - April


Pulsatilla

Finally I have managed to make a Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day! I am a little late in the day, but I'm still delighted.


Blossom on Prunus

My new garden is very much a summer garden (something I'll be changing - I want colour all year!), but there are a lot more signs of life in it this month. It was lovely to see the plum tree burst into blossom again, as it was looking very sickly in the autumn.


Saxifraga

I think the flowers on the Saxifraga (above), which we brought with us are very similar to the ones on the Spiraea (below), which we found in the garden here. I don't know whether they are in the same family - does anyone reading this?


Spiraea

The back garden is still full of Primulas - the one below is the only one we brought with us, so I might plant it in the front when we have got that clear.


Primula denticulata alba

I hadn't realised until I started to sort my photos ready to post that I had quite so many white flowers out at the moment.


Vinca minor gertrude jekyll

There are other colours in the garden, I just haven't taken so many photos of them, or the photos haven't come out well enough to post. Some flowers are also rather late this year - my Corydalis china blue and my Veronica georgia blue both normally flower in March, but this year they are only just coming out now.


Magnolia stellata

I'm always happy when there are still Narcissi out for my birthday (tomorrow) - they are also flowering quite late this year so there will be plenty!


Assorted Narcissi including Minnow, Mount Hood, and Ice Wings

I'm not quite so happy to see so many of these so early though ...


Eeeek!

To see my February and March blooms (many of which are also still in flower), and find out why I'm so pleased to have been able to post this today, have a look at this post.

For more April blooms, visit Carol at May Dreams Gardens.

No comments: