If you cast your mind back to my April end of month view, you may recall there was a space in the front garden, where R had removed an ash seedling and a large Weigela. There is now a scattering of Papaver rhoeas across this space ...
... which is a bit of a surprise, as I don't remember having planted any. Still, I'm not complaining! I did throw some other old seeds down there, including some yellow poppies, Dicranostigma, which are just coming into flower too.
The rest of the space has been colonised by a nearby Geranium, which R unintentionally divided when he did the work in April, but which seems to have recovered well, and by yet more Japanese Anemones - they are ubiquitous in this garden and a bit of a nuisance, but at least they are pretty.
Meanwhile in the back garden, we have a new arrival.
Yes, at last we have a new fence: a lovely change from the view of our neighbour's oil tank and bins which you can see in my May post. Now we can finally finish digging out the corner bed, fill it with gravel, and plant herbs in it. It'll probably take us a few more months to actually get this done, especially as we'll need to paint the fence first, but at least it feels as though we are getting somewhere now! At the moment I'm just doing a bit of weeding, and leaving the patches of Calendulas which have seeded themselves from the ones I planted there last year.
For more end of month views, visit The Patient Gardener.
1 comment:
rather a nice stone wall around your future herb garden. Going to be lovely!
Post a Comment